Heritage Senior Living is looking to hire an experienced and passionate Registered Nurse to join our team as the Director of Nursing! Our ideal candidate will oversee the nursing services provided to the residents, ensuring they are in accordance with company policies and state regulations. Heritage offers competitive wages as well as a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus for this position.
As one of the country’s industry leaders, we provide exceptional senior care and services throughout Wisconsin. Heritage Senior Living’s goals are to enhance residents’ quality of life and to continue its growth and success. Our plan is to open one to two new senior communities per year and develop centers of excellence that provide comfort, care, quality, and specialized dementia services.
The director of nursing is responsible for all aspects of regulatory and state compliance, documentation, resident care, medication administration, training and supervisory management of all caregivers/CNAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete a new resident interview, data collection and move-in paperwork for admission (comprehensive medical provider report)
- Complete an individual service plan (ISP) within 30 days of admission and every six months thereafter (or with a change in condition)
- Conduct daily check-ins with residents; identify ongoing needs to maintain health and wellness
- Conduct wellness visits with residents’ families to ensure that all residents’ medical needs are met
- Track physician appointments and contact physicians as needed, acting as a liaison for all resident health services; document orders in residents’ charts
- Ensure that staff review new residents’ needs prior to move-in, including any special dietary requirements
- Review the daily log each morning; report any incidents or concerns to supervisor
- Monitor all infections and accidents/incidents; ensure compliance with all infection control policies
- Monitor medication program including audits of records and procedures and staff training on proper procedures for medication passing
- Monitor residents’ medication schedules and maintain an adequate supply of each medication (check in medication orders)
- Communicate any medication and/or treatment changes to caregivers/CNAs
- On a quarterly basis, review psychotropic medication needs
- Process MAR sheets and document summary notes on a monthly basis for each resident
- Conduct ISP meetings with appropriate teams; adjust if needed based on change in condition
- Work with caregivers/CNAs to regularly assess skills and make recommendations for training opportunities
- Assist with OSHA compliance requirements for all employees
- Develop working knowledge of all federal, state and company regulations, policies and procedures; ensure compliance
- Conduct tours and take inquiries as needed
- Manage staffing schedule with the executive director
Education / Qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited school of nursing; valid and current nursing license in the state of Wisconsin in good standing
- One year of nursing experience working with seniors; experience within an assisted living, memory care or other long-term care environment preferred
- Managerial experience preferred
- SNF experience preferred
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, holiday rotations, and on-call rotations
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be able to connect with residents, families, and associates
- Strong customer service orientation to older adults; exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude
- Ability to make responsible choices and decisions that are in residents’ best interest
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be proficient in Microsoft;
- PointClickCare software experience a plus
- Ability to problem-solve and communicate complex issues; ability to work collaboratively with all co-workers
- Must submit to all applicable pre-employment and annual tests per state and federal regulations
- Must exhibit a caring and compassionate attitude while articulating a true concern for people
- Director of nursing will be assigned to oversee LPN in manager role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit a resume and a detailed cover letter explaining your interest in the position and working for Heritage Senior Living.