RN – Emergency Room (Travis AFB)
Work Location: Fairfield, CA
InGenesis seeks an RN with experience in an emergency room setting. If you meet the qualifications outlined below and are interested in joining our expanding team, please apply!
Job Duties/Responsibilities/Functions(including but not limited to)
• Coordinate patient care in collaboration with a wide array of healthcare professionals. Facilitate the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost-effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the MTF.
• Perform physical exam and health histories.
• Provide health promotions, counseling, and education.
• Administer medications, wound care, and numerous other personalized interventions.
• Direct and supervise care provide by other healthcare professionals.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel.
• Recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations.
• Communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization.
• Make referral appointments and arrange specialty care as appropriate.
• Perform nursing services identified in the TO.
• Conduct research in support of improved practice and patient outcomes.
• Provides emergency nursing care for emergent, urgent, and non-urgent patients coming to the Emergency Department.
• Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care for all patients including newborns, children, adolescents, adults and the elderly; disabled to include visually and hearing impaired; and individuals of varying ethnic and religious backgrounds to include those who do not speak or understand English.
• Knowledge of a variety of pharmacological agents used inpatient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
• Knowledge of the administrative requirements for proper documentation of patient conditions including disease progress, acknowledgment of teaching, and follow up care.
• Assumes full responsibility for assigned patients and ancillary personnel. Delegates tasks, direct emergency room technicians, specialty technicians, and provides counseling, guidance, and patient education.
• Recognizes medical emergencies and responds appropriately. Initiates CPR if required. Assists medical team in administering advanced cardiac life support measures when necessary.
• Participates in the orientation and training of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Knowledge of computer operations and proficiency in the use of basic word processing, data entry, and automated medical records.
• Ability to synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
• Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to care, quality, and cost-effectiveness
• Ensures compliance with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility. Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Accountable for making patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level utilizing the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
• Assesses patients.
• Establishes and maintains good interpersonal relationships with co-workers, families, peers, and other health team members.
• Will be oriented/trained on the use of all equipment available for patient care. Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as IV infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other units specific equipment.
• Excellent oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues
• Excellent written communication skills to perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity in accordance with requirements.
• Completes orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines.
• Contributes to the professional environment using appropriate leadership skills.
• May be required to work various shifts or augment clinical nursing support during the absence of other team nurses due to illness, leave or deployment,
• Serves and participates in committees, functions and other meetings as directed. Provides relevant and timely information to these groups and assists with decision-making and process improvement. Participates in customer service initiatives, and medical readiness activities, peer review, and other activities designed to enhance health services.
• Ensures a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
• Be productive and perform with minimal supervisory direction.
• Ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and stored at the end of each work shift. Ensure preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed.
• Degree/Education: Graduate from a college or university accredited by National League for Nursing Accrediting
• Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Have and maintain current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) by the American Heart Association, Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS). Certified through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Trauma Nurse Core Course (TNCC), or emergency Nurse Pediatric Course (ENPC).
• Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience with at least one year in an emergency room, within the last three years.
• Licensure/Registration: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.