The RN Navigator is a member of the patient's care team and acts as a patient advocate providing proactive outreach to patients with chronic illness for the duration of their chronic care condition. The RN Navigator facilitates communication and coordinates care with physicians, the providers' clinic, hospital facilities, family, caregivers, and other community healthcare providers and implements creative to meet members/ healthcare needs without compromising the quality of outcomes. The RN Navigator will identify and enroll patients with chronic health conditions and/or refer to other programs as appropriate. The RN Navigator will support transitions of care as assigned and/or chronic condition support or health/wellness programs for the assigned population.
- Facilitates communication and provides care coordination along with the continuum of care including inpatient care team as well as the physician and community care team
- Ensures appropriate management/stabilization of chronic medical conditions to prevent readmission and promote optimal outcomes
- The ability for timely completion of initial assessment and plan of care including the patient, their support system, physician and other health team members to address the condition, social determinants, and promote patient knowledge and behavior change
- Develops relationships with and facilitates referrals to community resources including Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF), Rehab, Long Term Acute Care (LTAC), Home Health, Hospice, Palliative Care, Transportation, Medication Asst., DME, and other community resources
- Completes activities pertaining to achieving and maintaining quality measures related to payer contracts as indicated
- Demonstrates the confidence, drive, and ability to face and overcome obstacles to achieve organizational goals
- Exhibits behaviors and actions which create a high level of patient satisfaction contributes to positive patient relations and reflects respect for a patient's rights, needs, and confidentiality
- Perform ongoing essential Care Coordination activities of assessment, barrier and strengths identification, planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring, and evaluation of patients. Implements practice/action to overcome barriers to care.
- Documents all communication and responses to care plan interventions as directed; active cases should have appropriate documentation depending on the severity of the medical condition, risk score, social determinant needs.
- Meets all general requirements, annual competencies, and maintains knowledge of all regulatory Federal, State, Local regulations and VBP contract requirements.
- Demonstrates effective communication and human relations skills that promote harmony and teamwork
- Presents behaviors and actions that maintain the hospital's credibility, integrity, and positive image
- Demonstrates behaviors and actions that support the mission, goals, and operations of the CHRISTUS Health System and which contribute to continuous quality improvement
- Maintains a positive attitude and exhibits flexibility in work hours, duties, and job requirements; willingness to perform other duties as assigned
- BSN Preferred
- 3-5 years acute care/clinical experience; 2-3 years managed care and/or care management experience; experience with high-level communication; ability to lead interdisciplinary teams; ability to serve as a patient advocate
- Texas RN License Required
- Adult home health experience required