RN - Extended Care Unit PRN-7454-2377
Wythe County Community Hospital
Under the direction of the nursing director or other supervisor, assumes responsibility for providing patient care for his/her specified department/shift, utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation.Works in collaboration with all other care disciplines to provide safe, efficient, and coordinated care for assigned patients.The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to patients of all age groups, from pediatrics to geriatrics. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development of the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status. He/she must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age and specific needs and to provide care in accordance with physician orders, the Joint Commission standards, OSHA regulations, nursing and departmental policies and procedures.
1. Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia or eligibility to sit for exam or compact licensure as a Registered Nurse.
2. Prefer one year of experience working on a medical-surgical care or skilled care unit with previous MDS knowledge and experience.
3. BCLS certification required within 30 days of initial employment.
4. ACLS, PALS Certifications within one year of employment.
5. Ability to accept regular on-call assignments for regularly scheduled shifts when acuity and/or census indicates need. Will be available to report to facility within 60 minutes of notification. This status will be determined by Department Director, Supervisor, Clinical Team Lead/Charge Nurse or House Supervisor.
Work Schedule PRN - rotate weekends, various shifts