- The clinical nurse assumes principal responsibility for the total care assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of each assigned patient.
- The clinical nurse initiates teaching and educates the patient and family and/or significant other to attain optimal health.
- The clinical nurse is responsible for adhering to all standards of nursing care.
Department Specific Duties:
- Pre-Op duties including patient assessment and IV initiation in a timely manner.
- Procedural Nurse duties including the administration of Moderate Sedation, assessment, monitoring and emergency procedures.
- Recovery Room duties including assessment, monitoring and emergency procedures.
- Ordering and maintenance of supplies.
- Familiarization, nursing skills and competencies with GI Lab procedures including EGD, Colonoscopy, ERCP and Liver Biopsy.
- Complete and accurate charting.
- Follow up callbacks.
- Patient Transport.
- Demonstrate ability to cross train and work in other areas of nursing
- Graduate of accredited professional nursing program
- Current RN licensure in the State of California.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification (maintain current at all times).
- Current ACLS certification (maintain current at all times).
- Prior clinical experience is desired.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to communicate with people on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with patients, families, and co-workers inter- and intra-departmentally.
- Possess active listening skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current nursing theory and practice.
- Compassionate, non-judgmental patient caregiver and advocate.
- Must be able to tolerate physically and mentally demanding work.
- Possesses audible acuity necessary for taking blood pressures and maintaining patient safety.
- Completion of mandatory programs to meet TJC standards is a job requirement
- Must successfully complete EKG test within the first 30 days of hire
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.