RN, Hillsboro, WI
Please note: The person who occupies this position will be employed by Gundersen St. Joseph's, located in Hillsboro, WI.
Provides nursing care and assists providers in the care of clinic outpatients through providing quality care and service in a timely and professional manner.
1. Prepares patients and assists in exam as needed. Takes accurate vitals and records info in the patient medical record.
2. Reviews patient medications and allergies and documents according in the patients' chart.
3. Demonstrates skills in handling individual complex patient & family/significant other situations. Consults resources when confronted with a new or unfamiliar task or situation and follows through effectively.
4. Obtains specimens, performs phlebotomy and laboratory procedures under the supervisor for the provider.
5. Reviews all medication refill requests and documents appropriately prior to sending request to the provider. Calls/faxes/electronically sends the approved refills to the patients' designated pharmacy as appropriate.
6. At the direction and supervision of the provider, informs patient of lab & x-ray results. Documents this communication in the patient's medical record.
7. Accurately records patient's telephone calls in the medical record.
8. Assists in the coordination of patient appointments, referrals and test as appropriate. Follow up under the direction of the provider.
9. Performs procedures under the direction and supervision of the provider and according to current practice. Including but not limited to injections, immunizations, dressing changes, medication administration, EKGs, hearing and vision screening. Follows standing orders when applicable.
10. Demonstrates knowledge of patient's physiological and psychosocial status through documentation. Correlates signs and symptoms, which indicates potential physiologic and psychological problems.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
Current WI State RN license.
Ability to use electronic medical record, telephone, fax machine, and other office machines as required.
|RN, Hillsboro, WI|
Equal Opportunity Employer