- Performs patient assessments including: biophysical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and age appropriate needs of the patients, including the assessment of nutrition, pain management, and signs/symptoms of abuse or neglect in order to develop, evaluate and modify patient's plan of care.
- In conjunction with other disciplines, develops a realistic, comprehensive patient family educational plan, using appropriate resources and methods of instruction and provides patient/family health teaching.
- In coordination with Clinical Supervisor, assures policies, practices and procedures are followed.
- Performs documentation, including the processing of physician orders, in accordance with Home Care policies and procedures. Monitors and evaluates delivery of nursing care given by team members based on patient needs and professional judgment.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals regarding patient care. Identifies need to change plan(s) of care.
- Meets or exceeds established productivity standard while maintaining quality patient care.
- Completes annual competency requirements satisfactorily.
- Performs case management & collaborates with other health care providers & delivers results for positive clinical & financial outcomes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree from an accredited nursing program
- Missouri RN license
- At least one year of RN experience (acute care experience preferred)
- Valid driver's license
- CPR certification
- At least one year of Home Health or Hospice experience.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 4 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 4 hours a day
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.
SSM Health at Home offers highly skilled and experienced caregivers to help patients through difficult times. Services include extended at-home care, help managing pain or special support during terminal illnesses. SSM Health at Home is located in Illinois, Missouri and Oklahoma.
Our robust employee benefits package includes health benefits, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, long-term disability coverage, health and dependent care reimbursement accounts, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, an employee assistance program, retirement plan options and more.
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings.