Company:Vighter Medical Group LLC
Title: Registered Nurse – Hospice
Position Type:Contract 16 Week Assignment
Reports to:Project Manager
Shift Type: Varied, 3pm-11pm, 8 hours, 40 hrs./week guaranteed, must be flexible with schedule! shift time will vary from 3pm to 11pm and from 0800am to 5pm, weekend requirements: as scheduled (1-2 per month), on call requirements: week nights and one - two weekends a month (Week nights - 1700 - 0800)
Vighter is recruiting a contract Registered Nurse to perform hospice duties for Adventist Health Home Care Services. The position will be in Hanford, CA and requires seeing an average of 4-6 patients daily. The registered nurse will work with adolescent, adult and geriatric populations.
- Collects relevant data pertinent to the patient's health or situation.
- Analyzes the assessment data in determining diagnosis and care issues.
- Develops a plan that prescribes interventions to attain outcomes.
- Implements the plan, coordinates care delivery, and employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment.
- Evaluates progress toward attaining outcomes.
- Identifies outcomes for the patient or the patient's situation.
- Collaborates with the team of patient, family, and healthcare providers in providing patient care in a safe, healing, humane, and caring environment.
- Provides learning opportunities for patients/family members and team members.
- Directly provides health information to patients, families, and treatment team.
- Assesses and documents patient/family learning needs, implements teaching resources, and assesses and documents patient/family understanding.
- Completes all Oasis documentation accurately and completely.
- Delegates appropriately and coordinates duties of healthcare team members.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Current unrestricted California license to practice as a registered nurse Required
- BLS certification (from American Heart Association) Required
- Shall not have been convicted of a felony
- Shall be able to read, write, and speak English
- Shall be able to operate a personal computer utilizing Microsoft applications, such as Explorer, Outlook, Word, Excel, etc. so as to efficiently create and/or utilize an Electronic Medical Record
- Evidence of graduation from baccalaureate, associate, or diploma nursing program in nursing for registered nurse.
- Minimum of 1-year home health hospice experience Required
- Minimum of 1+ years of travel Required
- End of life, wounds, and narcotic drips experience Required
- Experience with HomeCare HomeBaseHighly Preferred
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to sit for more than 8 hours per day
- Must be willing to work overtime if necessary
- Must be able to use an elevator or walk up and down stairs
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds and carry up to 10 feet
- Must be able to routinely grasp or handle objects, use finger dexterity, bend elbows/knees and reach above and below shoulders
- Must be able to read and interpret handwritten and typewritten print
- Must be able to communicate by voice and detect sound by ear
- Must be able to pass a criminal background investigation
- Must be able to pass a urine drug screen
- General Liability, Professional Liability, and Medical Malpractice Insurance paid for by the company
- Full-time employees receive Health, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, Voluntary Life, Accidental Disability & Dismemberment, 4% retirement match 401K, Short-term and Long-term Disability, Critical Illness, and Accident Coverage