We are currently offering a $20,000.00 Sign on bonus for the Full Time House Supervisor position!
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients, residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of life for our employees, patients and residents.
House Supervisor Full Time Nights and Day shift open!
The House Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes safety and well-being of all patients ranging in age from 18 years to geriatric experiencing medically complex conditions, general medical-surgical conditions, with rehabilitation and/or wound care needs
The House Supervisor duties include:
- Coordinating with any agencies providing contract nursing services with the Director.
- Acts as the liaison between the clinical nursing staff and administration.
- Provides clinical support to the nursing staff by acting as a mentor and a roll model.
- Collaborates with hospital leaders, physicians and other team members to provide optimum services to the patients.
- Plays a major roll in employee and patient education to enhance knowledge, skills and necessary behaviors to achieve quality outcomes.
- Adopts an approach to hospital-wide performance improvement that ensures important processes and activities are measured, assessed, and improved.
- Plans, directs, coordinates and evaluates all intradepartmental and interdepartmental activities.
- Is the designated on-site hospital administrator for after normal business hours.
- Responsible for the assessment of all requests for administrative on-call contacts during his/her shift.
- Responsible for all activities within the hospital in absence of the Administrator or department managers.
- Responsible for providing a safe and effective environment for customer satisfaction, including physicians, employees, patients and families.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of practice in job situations.
- Sound knowledge of nursing practice.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills. Exceptional leadership abilities.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases, spreadsheets, etc.)
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related setting are ineligible for employment in this position.
- Freedom from illegal use of drugs.
- Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
- Five (5) years progressive acute care or long term acute care nursing experience in critical care, emergency room or step-down/telemetry unites.
- Requires a minimum of three (3) years supervision or charge nurse experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state of employment.
- Must maintain current CPR certification and ACLS certification throughout employment.
- ACLS certification obtained within one year of employment or as available courses allow.
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Employee Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- Free Food and Coffee
- Subsidized Commuting
- Employee Events
- Flexible Schedules
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Long Term Disability
- Gym Memberships
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Vacation/paid time off
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Professional Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Merchandise Discounts
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Military Leave