Job Req ID: 195835
Position Number: 00161744
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift: Variable/On Call
Shift Details: M-F Days, 8-5 flexible to accommodate provider rounding
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: LCI - CMC
Location: Levine Cancer Institute
Location Details: LCI Morehead
Carolinas HealthCare System is Atrium Health. Our mission remains the same: to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing - for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit carolinashealthcare.org/AtriumHealth
Assesses and diagnosis patients in a practice setting. Identifies outcomes, implements treatment and coordinates care. Performs and assists with oncology and infusion related treatments, therapies, and procedures.
This RN role supports the inpatient solid tumor oncology division including providers and Advance Care Practitioners. The RN is the key/point person coordinating care, scheduling, referrals, and the acting liaison between inpatient and outpatient care. This role keeps track of all patient care under the direction of the providers and communicates this information daily with the entire LCI Medical Oncologist Team. Quality initiatives for the role is to work ACPs in creating best practices with the intention to prevent readmissions bridging the gap between inpatient and outpatient oncologic care.
- Identifies expected outcomes for patients' individualized treatment plan.
- Implements identified treatment plan and coordinates all aspects of care delivery.
- Provides education and counseling to patient and family members regarding identified health needs, health care activities, immunization requirements, medication effects and contraindications.
- Meets specific clinical needs of oncology and infusion patients by using knowledge and expertise.
- Recognizes medication mid solution incompatibilities and factors affecting stability.
- Performs facility acuity coding by selecting the appropriate level of service for a diverse patient population, ensures that all pertinent clinical information is documented in the patient's medical record and supports the level of service selected.
Work requires walking, standing, sitting, lifting, reaching, bending, pushing and pulling. Work requires lifting 75 pounds. Must speak English fluently and in understandable terms. Must possess an intact sense of sight, hearing, smell, touch, and finger dexterity. Must have the ability to concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in patient and/or clinic conditions.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing required. BSN preferred. Current licensure to practice as a Registered Nurse or temporary license as a Registered Nurse Petitioner in the state of North Carolina required. Oncology experience preferred. Proficiency in IV therapy, bone marrow, spinals, thoracenteses, paracenteses and phlebotomy preferred. Oncology certification preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required.
At Atrium Health, formerly Carolinas HealthCare System, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Carolinas HealthCare System is an EOE/AA Employer