- Position Summary
EMPLOYER PAID PENSION PLAN OF 29.25% OF YOUR ANNUAL SALARY!
GENEROUS BENEFITS PACKAGE!
Provides care to acutely and critically ill patients, in a highly technical and ongoing monitoring environment, as well as responding to calls for rapid assessments and evolving emergency conditions occurring outside of the ICU. Provides direct and individualized nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. Models professional nursing practice and I CARE 4U principles during all interactions with patients, families, other caregivers, and visitors.
- Job Requirement
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and one (1) year current critical care experience in a similar facility.
Current License by the Nevada State Board of Nursing to Practice as a Registered Nurse, Basic Life Support (BLS),Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol (NRP)certifications from the American Heart Association (AHA) and meets the required licensing/certification as specified in the Nursing Administrative
- Additional and/or Preferred Position Requirements
- Current ACLS certification
- MERT/ Training
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Physical Requirements
Advance practice and emergency/trauma medicine; unstable patient requiring mechanical ventilatory support, invasive hemodynamic monitoring and other cardiac etiologies; physiological functions and processes as they relate to issues of patient care; Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation (SBAR) communication methods/techniques; department and hospital safety practice and procedures; patient rights; age-specific patient care practices; infection control policies and practices; handling, storage, use and disposal of hazardous materials; department and hospital emergency response policies and procedures.
Implementing nursing process including assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation; working with high risk or critically ill patients; performing invasive nursing procedures associated with area of specialty; developing and implementing education programs associated with specialty; organizing, prioritizing and delegating work; using computers and related software applications; communicating with a wide variety of people from diverse socio-economic and ethnic backgrounds; establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with all personnel contacted in the course of duties; efficient, effective and safe use of equipment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
Mobility to work in a typical clinical setting and use standard equipment, including stamina to remain standing and/or walk for extended periods of time, and strength to examine and treat varied patients, vision to read printed materials and a VDT screen, and hearing and speech to communicate effectively in person and over the telephone. Strength and agility to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this classification.
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada offers a benefits package that leads the market and includes:
Length of ServiceRate of Accrual per 80 hours workedDays per year (based on 8-hour day)0 – 12 months0-90 days > 3.077 hours**Upon completion of the 90th day of employment, the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 12 hours.91 days – 12 months > 5.2769 hours****Upon completion of the twelfth month of employment the employee's CAL bank will be credited with an additional 80 hours.27 days13 months – 48 months8.3077 hours27 days
- Employer Paid Pension Plan totaling 29.25% of your annual salary!
- Vestment in the pension plan after 5 years of qualifying employment!
- Consolidated Annual Leave (CAL) - CAL is used for personal leave, holidays (eleven scheduled holidays per year), doctor appointments, vacation, and sick days up to 16 consecutive scheduled work hours (short term sick leave), etc. Eligible employees shall accrue CAL at the following rates. Part-time accrual is based on the number of paid benefit hours.
UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER OF SOUTHERN NEVADA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/ EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Credit Union Eligibility
- 457 Deferred Compensation Plan
- Comprehensive Group Health Insurance Plan
- Nevada has no State Income Tax
- No Social Security Deduction
- 01This position will require an open schedule as you may be required to work varied shifts. Are you still interested in this position?
02Have you documented a minimum of three (3) years recent (within the past 5 years) RN Critical Care experience in a similar facility?
03Please indicate all of the life support certifications you currently hold.
- AHA Healthcare Provider
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support
- Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
- Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum
- Advanced Burn Life Support
- Neonatal Resuscitation Protocol
Intensive / Critical Care Nurse