Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to:
- Work on a 16- bed unit with both general and intermediate level patients.
- Care for medical cardiovascular patient populations, including but not limited to: acute coronary syndrome, myocardial infarction, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVR) and other structural heart procedures, electrophysiology patients (pacemaker, defibrillator, ablation and conduction abnormalities), heart failure, post cardiac arrest and pre/post-transplant patients.
- Nurses who work as a team and help one another succeed. The team includes the physicians, nurse practitioners, nurse case managers, social workers, PT, OT, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, nursing assistants, clinical nutrition, health psychologists, and spiritual care.
- Nurses who participate in shared governance, with a unit based council to help support and drive quality improvement initiatives and lead practice change.
- Nurses who are highly engaged in acquiring new skills and integrating evidence based nursing practices into the unit culture
- An environment that is patient and family focused including daily care team visits with the entire team but most important the patient as an active participant.
Preferred – BSN
Minimum - One (1) year of relevant experience
Preferred - One (1) year cardiology and/or IMC experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - Registration as a professional nurse in the State of Wisconsin. CPR certification. Obtain ACLS within 6 months of hire.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
Experience in teaching patients and families.
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Schedule: Shifts will be mainly PM's during the week, with weekend day shifts. Shifts will be between the hours of 0700-1530, 1500-2330, 0700-1930 or 1100-2330. Working a blend of 8/12 hour shifts. Some holidays and no on-call. Hours may vary based on the operational needs of the department.
University Hospitalin Madison is a Magnet®-designated facility that’sranked Wisconsin’s #1 hospitaland considered one of the nation's leading hospitals, teaching institutions and referral centers.
Learn more about this opening
UW Hospital and Clinics benefits
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: Wisconsin-Madison
University Hospital (HC1400_MF293)
600 Highland Ave
Organization: UW Hospitals & Clinics