- Community involvement
- Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
- Great benefits
- Co-workers who feel like family
- Faith based environment
Part Time Nights, 24 hours per week
You Will be Responsible for:
· Assesses plans, evaluates and implements admissions for all Behavioral Health units per department specific admission criteria. Reports findings to M.D. for final disposition of each call. Reports admission data, including preliminary admission diagnosis, medication administration reconciliation data, and estimated arrival information to the Charge RN on the designated inpatient unit.
· Able to work independently to facilitate both voluntary and involuntary admissions; acquiring all appropriate consents and legal documents necessary.
· Accurately follows up on Utilization Review activities, with documentation in the appropriate format.
· Able to determine preliminary discharge planning needs and type of assistance/setting/resources necessary for the patient/family. Reports information to attending physician at the time of admission,
· Able to communicate with physician regarding patient/family needs and expectations prior to admission.
· Utilizes concurrent information of the patient’s payer source and diagnosis to facilitate reimbursement.
· Is knowledgeable of criteria for Medicare, Medicaid, JCAHO, HMOs and private insurance coverage for acute care services.
· Cooperates with and provides concurrent review information to Insurance Companies as requested/ per contractual agreements.
· Participates in Transformation.
· Dependable, arrives at work on time, reports to work as scheduled, and adheres to break and meal schedules.
· Schedules time off in advance. Punches in and out as scheduled. Calls supervisor to report absences timely.
· Agrees to work extra shifts/hours as needed.
· Completes work assignments thoroughly and follows up on requests in an accurate, prompt and timely manner.Qualifications
- Current North Carolina RN license required.
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Behavioral Health experience preferred
- Additional languages preferred
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to relate well to staff and other professionals
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills to perform duties, methods and procedures required by the job
- Maintains strict confidence of patient and or customer information
- Suggest and participate in process improvement opportunities in the performance of duties
- Documents patient care and completes task list in accordance to standards of care and other protocol
- Seeks solutions to resolve unexpected problems that arise in the course of their work and make practical routine decisions
Plans, coordinates, and documents admissions for the Behavioral Health Department inpatient units. Working with the admitting physician, ensures compliance of each potential admission with JCAHO, federal and state regulations related to admission criteria for inpatient psychiatric treatment. Performs Utilization Review for each admission as needed and ensures overall compliance with follow-up UR as appropriate.