Providence is calling a Staff Registered Nurse (0.9 FTE, 12 Hour Night Shift) to the Intensive Care Unit at Providence St. Peter Hospital in Olympia, Washington.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse to be responsible for ensuring that our most critically ill patients and their families receive excellent care.
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment. Accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan. Practices in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice. Key functions and specific skills for the job are found in the unit specific onboarding checklist and in standards that are applicable to the specialty.
In this position you will:
- Assess, diagnose, plan, implement and evaluate patient’s care to achieve patient goals and to optimize outcomes.
- Effectively advocate for ethical and holistic care to promote the autonomy, dignity, rights, values and beliefs of those we serve.
- Foster a learning environment for patient/families, nursing, and other members of the healthcare team including students.
- Align practice with safety and quality. Be accountable for safety, identify and correct problems.
- Engage in ongoing professional development; promote a culture of inquiry that explores, integrates and disseminates research and evidence based practice.
- Lead and coordinate teams, delegate, coordinate care and collaborate with others as equal members of the inter-professional care team to integrate nursing knowledge.