The Registered Nurse is responsible for assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care and is accountable for the outcome of such care. Directs/oversees other licensed and unlicensed staff in the provision of patient care.
- Completes and documents a thorough and accurate assessment within two hours of admission performs reassessments per unit standards and patient status.
- Ensures that patient learning barriers and needs are assessed and incorporated into the plan of care developed for each patient including participating in multidisciplinary discharge planning.
- Demonstrates consistent use and compliance of written protocols and procedures to include medication administration, documentation, pain, restraint, etc. Demonstrates sound judgment in situations and effectively communicates with physicians and other disciplines.
- Meets discharge and ongoing patient educational needs related to treatment, procedures, disease process and medication follow up.
- Evaluates and documents patients’ progress for achievement of outcomes and effectively communicates this progress to appropriate caregivers.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Current Missouri license as a Registered Nurse or Graduate Nurse eligible to take State Board exam for first time