RN Lactation Consultant AdventHealth Ocala
Location Address: 1500 SW 1st Ave Ocala, Florida 34471
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Ocala
- Horse Capital of the World
- Driving distance to Gainesville, St. Augustine, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota
- Part of the community since 1898, providing healthcare to Marion County for over 120 years
- Florida Hospital Ocala offers a broad spectrum of services, with programs that are nationally recognized and accredited
- Spectacular springs throughout the county
Part Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Plans, teaches and evaluates classes for expectant and new breastfeeding mothers
- Creates a milieu that promotes learning for staff and patients
- Conducts bedside lactation rounds daily. Consults with mothers having breastfeeding problems.
- Participates appropriately in communication and decision-making activities of the Lactation Center and the maternity services
- Selects appropriate breastfeeding related supplies. Over-sees breast pumps and supplies.
- Plans, teaches, and conducts in-service education for maternity nursing staff
- Develops policies that support breastfeeding and the feeding preferences of our families. Special emphasizes on the ten steps to successful breastfeeding.
- Plans, organizes and delivers lactation management services to all breastfeeding patients.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Participates in quality assurance monitoring
- Participates in childbirth education
What You Will Need:
- RN required
- Previous experience maternal-child health nursing. 2 years of experience in lactation consulting required.
- Medulla breast pump and supplies
- Pain management, medication precautions, lanolin crème, and hydrogel moist healing dressing.
- Teaching and operating IT equipment
- Outpatient referrals
- Lactation charting in EMR system
Job Summary:The Patient Educator, certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC), is an expert in the management of the breast-feeding mother-baby dyad. The Educator is coach, consultant, teacher, and lactation expert. As a consultant, works collaboratively with the labor and delivery unit, Newborn and Intensive Care nurseries, OB, Pediatrics, and nursing care teams to develop feeding plans for a range of infants from the normal newborn to the complex neonate. Makes clinical assessments and uses current lactation theories and research to develop evidence-based feeding plans that address individual feeding issues while respecting the family and providers breastfeeding goals. Responsible for providing lactation management services to expectant and new parents. These functions are performed in accordance with the hospitals' philosophy, policies, procedures and standard.