The RN/LPN Telephonic Triage Nurse is responsible for telephonically screening all medicals received; planning; implementing and coordinating participant clinical needs on an after-hours basis. Acts as a liaison with participant, family, provider and vendors. Hours: 4pm to 12pm.
- Receives participant problem telephone calls and collaborates with physician on call. Documents all calls in the electronic medical record. Ensures resolution of issue with consistent and clear communication and follow up.
- Initiates communication with the attending physician, other interdisciplinary staff members and other agencies for the purpose of coordinating care
- Coordinates the following on an after hour’s basis:
- Calling in prescriptions to pharmacies
- Implementation of Home Care needs
- Faxes and communicates information to hospitals and vendors
- Provides medical support to participants and family members
- Coordinates and communicates medical changes with contracted vendors and facilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Registered Nurse or LPN currently licensed in the Commonwealth of MA
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with the geriatric population
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and exceptional communication skills
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work independently with general supervision
- Able to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates critical thinking
- Able to utilize judgment and critical thinking in relation to UM and clinical practices
Please apply through this link:
Licensed Practical / Vocational Nurse