A Medical Surgical RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Med/Surg Nurse your responsibilities consist of:
- Doing patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing prescribed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.