A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Med/Surg Nurse can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Medical Surgical RN your duties consist of:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing prescribed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.