A Medical Surgical RN performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can step in and perform the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Medical Surgical Nurse your responsibilities include:
- Performing patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing prescribed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.