A Med/Surg Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Medical Surgical RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Med/Surg Registered Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Medical Surgical RN your duties consist of:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing prescribed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Implementing physicians orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg RN within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.