A Med/Surg Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Med/Surg RN can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Med/Surg RN your responsibilities include:
- Doing patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing prescribed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and test results.
- Carrying out physicians orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.