A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Registered Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Med/Surg RN your duties consist of:
- Taking care of patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing needed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out physicians orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg RN within the past two years.
- Active Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.