A Medical Surgical Registered Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical RN can handle the duties of a charge nurse when assigned.
As a Med/Surg RN your responsibilities include:
- Taking care of patient admissions and assessments.
- Giving needed medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Carrying out doctors orders.
- Review labs and the results of other tests.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.