A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg Nurses work directly with patients and also may assist a doctor with procedures. A Medical Surgical RN can handle the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Medical Surgical Nurse your duties include:
- Handling patient admissions and assessments.
- Distributing needed medications.
- Documenting patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing doctors orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Medical Surgical Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.