A Med/Surg Nurse performs a variety of duties from entry to discharge with a patient. Med/Surg RN’s work directly with patients and also may assist a physician with procedures. A Med/Surg Registered Nurse can handle the duties of a charge nurse when needed.
As a Med/Surg Nurse your duties include:
- Doing patient admissions and assessments.
- Dispensing necessary medications.
- Logging patient care regarding procedures and the results of their tests.
- Implementing doctors orders.
- Review labs and other test results.
One year of experience as a Med/Surg Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.