To be considered for this position, please follow this link and complete our Employee Assessment!
The Unit Manger will provide oversight and management of line staff and clinical care. This person will assist the care team with patient goals, discharge planning, assisting with direct patient care, and staff development. Responsible for staff supervision of LPNs and CNAs, as well as interfacing with physicians, QI reporting and follow-up, and providing clinical expertise to staff as needed.
- Must have nursing management experience
- This position requires a current valid Licensed Nurse issued in the state where the person will practice, and the candidate must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Must have thorough knowledge of nursing, techniques, and practices.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the specialized procedures applied, and equipment used, in the assigned unit.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership and organizational skills, and provide positive attitude, direction, and discipline for the nursing staff.
- Up-to-date physical assessment skills and comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles are required.
- Must be CPR certified.
- Recent experience in geriatric or rehabilitative nursing and experience preferred.
- Assist the Director of Nursing in developing and implementing the nursing organizational structure.
- Responsible for a well-educated nursing service department.
- Participate in developing, planning, conducting and scheduling in-service training classes.
- Assist with the development and updating of care plans.
- Assist in developing a written preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nursing needs of each resident.
- Participate in survey conducted by authorized agencies.
- Support and uphold all federal, state and local regulatory laws and standards.
- Monitors nursing practice to maintain a safe work environment.