"RN Nursing Supervisor" AdventHealth Zephyrhills
Location Address: 7050 Gall Boulevard Zephyrhills, Florida 33541
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Zephyrhills
- FH Zeph/Dade City Named One of America’s Best Hospitals for Heart Care, Orthopedics, Stroke Centers and Patient Safety three years in a row “2017-2019” by the Women’s Choice Award
- Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade A Spring/Fall 2018
- One of only 35 Hospitals Nationally Named as a Top General Hospital by The Leapfrog Group
- Four Star Recipient for Coronary Interventional Procedures in 2019 by Health grades
- First in Florida to earn Advanced Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee by The Joint Commission
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Reviews staffing and census of all nursing units to determine if staffing is consistent with the budget, staffing grids and patient needs. Adjusts staff as possible.
- Facilitates efficient patient admissions and patient flow.
- Makes frequent rounds throughout hospital to assess and resolve issues and incidents
- Available for consultation to the staff as needed.
- Promotes good interpersonal relations between all departments
What You Will Need:
- Thorough understanding of hospital policies, procedures and legal aspects of acute care nursing
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer skills, including experience with an Electronic Health Record
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Five or more years of recent experience in a relevant unit (same or higher acuity of care as unit pursuing)
- Charge experience, lead, clinical coordinator or nurse manager experience
- Registered Nurse with licensure in the State of Florida
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification
- CPI certification within one (1) year of employment
In collaboration with Nursing Leadership and Hospital Directors, coordinates hospital activities in the absence of Directors and Managers. Working with Nursing Leadership, coordinates daily staffing needs. Supports Nursing Leadership in planning for future staffing needs. Facilitates placement of direct admissions and those from the Emergency Department. Assures effective and timely communication to staff, Department Directors and Administrator-on-Call. Investigates and resolves possible, incidents and issues. Communicates findings as appropriate to Department Director/Manager, Administrator-On-Call and/or Risk Manager.