Nursing Supervisor RN Full Time Evenings
Address: 305 E Oak St. Apopka, FL 32703
Shift: Full Time/Evenings
Organization: Sunbelt Health & Rehab Apopka
Walk-in Applicants Welcome for Immediate Interview
Sunbelt Health & Rehab Center-Apopka
Adventist Care Centers is the skilled nursing branch of Adventist Health System, one of the largest not-for-profit Protestant healthcare systems in the United States. Our mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ by providing whole person care that meets the physical, mental, and spiritual needs of all who reside with us. Taking care of our team members is just as important to us as taking care of our residents, which is why we provide comprehensive benefits, including health insurance and tuition reimbursement, for both full- and part-time employees. Apply today to join our team in providing whole person care!
The RN Nursing Supervisor participates in the direct care and services provided to the residents and is responsible for the quality of nursing care and management of residents for their assigned shift. The RN Nursing Supervisor, on their assigned shift, makes entire facility rounds monitoring each unit and hall, monitoring changes in conditions, and providing assistance to the Hall Charge Nurse as needed.
What you will responsible for:
- Develops and promotes communication between the staff including but not limited to unusual occurrences, changes in the routine, or condition of residents.
- Manages all charge nurses and CNAs during the shift.
- Ensures that nursing 24-hour reports are complete and timely.
- Ensures that nurse aides receive accurate and complete assignments with a report at the start of each shift.
- Ensures a well-organized unit by following the facility policies to ensures chain of command is followed and that each level of nursing personnel assigned to the unit fulfills their job description and renders quality care. Makes recommendations to the DON when the organization is lacking or a need for modification or improvement is identified.
- Ensures all medications for new admissions have been verified, ordered, and entered accurately.
- Evaluate residents’ needs for restorative nursing and implements these procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the facility policies and procedures and ensures these are followed by staff on the assigned unit.
- Hold staff accountable for their performance consistent with personnel policies and procedures.
- Administers performance improvement plans and progressive disciplinary actions as needed.
- Documents all disciplinary actions.
- Participates in employee performance evaluations.
- Participates in the hiring and termination of unit personnel as requested.
What you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse in the state hired
- Two years prior experience in a Management and/or Supervisory Position Preferred
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.