The most important priority for the Oncology RN is to assist patients who are diagnosed with different stages of cancer. Oncology RNs also consult patients that have a greater risk of getting the disease, and supply patients with preventative options.
As an Oncology Registered Nurse your duties include:
- Offering encouragement to patients while educating them on their condition.
- Administering chemotherapy and other crucial medications to the patient.
- Monitoring the patient’s physical and mental health and reporting their progress.
One year of experience as a Oncology Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Current BLS through American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.