Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (Inpatient/Outpatient) to:
- Build upon current knowledge base while learning the outpatient side of oncology, hematology, and bone marrow transplant.
- Provide care for patients on a rotating four-week inpatient/four-week outpatient schedule.
- Further improve targeted assessment and chemotherapy administration skills.
Preferred – Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum – One year inpatient medical/surgical nursing experience
- Two (2) years relevant oncology or hematology/BMT or Gynecology oncology clinical experience
- Ambulatory Experience
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum – Licensed as a Registered Nurse (RN) in the state(s) where practicing or may work under a compact license per state regulations. CPR/BLS certification.
- Telemetry certification
- Chemotherapy certification
- OCN certification within one year of employment
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Knowledge regarding quality improvement and standards of care within practice area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of IOP activities relevant to oncology.
- Ability to educate staff, patients and families.
- Demonstrates effective and respectful communication with patients, families and the healthcare team Ability to work independently.
- Ability to effectively delegate and supervise the work of other nursing team members.
- Demonstrates ability to safely and competently executes technical skills required for practice.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain patient and family privacy and confidentially.
- Ability to collaborate with research associates regarding patient eligibility, patient education, and treatment and monitoring phases.
- Demonstrates trust, respect, honesty, and caring attitudes with patient/families and other members of the health care team.
- Ability to integrate a patient’s cultural beliefs and practices into critical pathway or multidisciplinary plan of care
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
This is a part-time, 90% FTE position scheduled to work 36 hours per week. The scheduled shifts will be a rotation every 4 weeks between outpatient chemotherapy room working 8-hour shifts Monday to Friday and inpatient on B6/6 working 12-hour days. Hours may vary based on the needs of the department.
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.