Kettering Health Network is honored to be recognized in 2017 by its employees as the healthcare organization where they consistently experience the behavior and culture that create a GREAT workplace! “The Best Workplaces in Healthcare” is in partnership with Fortune and is the “best of the best” ranking based upon certified employee feedback completed with the Great Place to Work’s renowned Trust Index.
Taking pride in our Sacred Work, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world-class health services for our patients and their families. We strive to improve the quality of life of those in our community. Located in southwest Ohio, Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of 8 hospitals, 10 emergency departments and 120 outpatient facilities.
If this is the environment you would like to contribute your expertise in nursing to and further grow your career, then read on . . .
As our new RN Operating Room Nurse, you view each of your patients as if you were treating a beloved family member or dear friend. You possess a strong passion for being a trusted teammate in the operating room. Your patients and co-workers best describe you as compassionate, determined, out-spoken in a professional manner when the situation calls for it, a “can do attitude,” impeccable work ethic and highly accountable with a strong attention to detail. You are intellectually curious and look for opportunities to cross-train to display your skills in multiple operating room disciplines, such as heart, neuro, orthopedic and robotics.
About Kettering Medical Center Operating Room:
- 21 state-of-the art operating suites
- General, Heart, Neuro, Orthopedic and Robotic surgery
- Level II trauma facility
- National recognition for innovation in Orthopedic and Heart Care
About the Opportunity:
- Competitive compensation, including on-call hourly, shift and weekend pay differentials
- 403(b) pre-tax savings account with employer match
- Medical, Vision, Dental, Mental Health care and Prescription Drug subsidy
- 80% company paid health coverage for employees and dependants (Full-time employees)
- College Tuition Reimbursement and family discounts at Kettering College
- Community involvement & humanitarian opportunities
- Team oriented environment
- And more . . .
Responsibilities & Requirements
As our new Operating Room Nurse, based in beautiful Kettering Ohio, your mission is to embrace best-in-class nursing processes to provide excellence in nursing care to your patients in all settings and in collaboration with other health care providers. Further responsibilities include:
- Accountability for your professional development and practice within the scope of care defined by law
- Utilizing organizational resources you will act as a patient advocate for the delivery of safe care including delegation of care and participation in performance and practice improvement activities
- Deliver nursing care that reflects the mission, vision, values and philosophies, of the organization, nursing departments and Kettering Health Network as whole
Skills, Knowledge, Experience You Offer:
- Licensed in the state of Ohio as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum of two years current experience as a RN Operating Nurse
- BLS certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred (must be completed within 5 years of hire)
- Preferred certifications but not required: PALS and NRP
- Scrub and Circulating experience highly desirable!
Join the operating room team at Kettering Medical Center and experience the rewards, job satisfaction and prestige of working with the “best of the best!”