The OR RN is responsible for assisting surgeons in the OR. Operating Room Registered Nurses will prepare the room and the patient for surgery and make sure that all medical equipment is safe and operating properly.
OR Nurse responsibilities consist of:
- Analyzing the well being of the patient before, during and after the operation.
- Predict what the surgeons need and hand medical instruments and supplies to them during operations.
- Collecting and logging any items needed for lab work.
One year of experience as an Operating Room Registered Nurse within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Negative Drug Screen.