The OR Registered Nurse is responsible for working with surgeons in the OR. OR Registered Nurses will prepare the OR and the patient for surgery and make certain that all equipment is sterile and operating properly.
OR RN responsibilities consist of:
- Evaluating the well being of the patient before, during and after the operation.
- Predict the needs of the surgeons and hand medical instruments and medical supplies to them during operations.
- Preserving and logging the items needed for lab examinations.
One year of experience as an Operating Room RN within the past two years.
- Current RN License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.