The OR Nurse is responsible for aiding surgeons in the OR. Operating Room RNs will prep the operating room and the patient for the procedure and make certain that all medical equipment is sterile and working correctly.
OR Nurse duties include:
- Analyzing the health of the patient before, during and after the procedure.
- Predict what the surgeons need and provide medical instruments and medical supplies to them during procedures.
- Collecting and labeling the items needed for lab examinations.
One year of experience as an OR Nurse within the past two years.
- Active RN License in good standing.
- Up to date Basic Life Support from American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.