UnityPoint Health’s Center for Alcohol and Drug Services (CADS) is dedicated to the prevention, education, and treatment of addictions, substance abuse, and other disorders related to the harmful use of alcohol and drugs. We treat the addict, the abuser, and their family and friends. CADS offers a variety of substance abuse services focused on support, care, and treatment designed to meet the needs of families and individuals of all age groups in the community.
CADS is looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) or an Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) for second shift (3pm-11pm) or 3rd shift (11pm-6am) to work with our Residential Detox patients in Davenport, IA . You will play a critical role with our client monitoring them for signs and symptoms of intoxication and withdrawal as well as proving client education about substance abuse and withdrawal. This also includes completing screenings on clients, admission paperwork, documentation in charts, making client referrals when the facility cannot meet clients’ needs and calling insurance companies for pre-authorizations. If you would like to be a part of a team that centers around patient care and team communication click apply today!
UnityPoint Health – Trinity values hardworking and committed team members. In addition to offering a competitive salary, we offer a well-rounded benefits package with health, financial and personal incentives that include:
- Health Benefits (Medical, Dental, & Vision)
- Wellness Program
- Fitness Membership Reimbursement
- Financial Benefits (401K, PTO, LTD & STD, Employee Discount Program)
- Tuition Assistance
Key Accountability: Administrative/Clinical
· Complete admission paperwork and documentation in charts
· Provide referrals and transition planning when client needs cannot be met or additional services are appropriate
· Perform insurance company pre-authorizations and insurance reviews; complete and explain financial information to client
· Collect and analyze the admission and ongoing assessment data to determine diagnostic impression, health care needs, and areas of focus for care and treatment utilizing DSM5 and ASAM criteria
Key Accountability Medial Monitoring and Management
· Monitor client withdrawal symptoms and managing these symptoms under the supervision of the Medical Director.
· Assist Medical Director with client physicals
· Perform ongoing functions such as reading client TB tests, complete urine screens, manager & administer medications as ordered by the Medical Director or approved designee
Key Accountability: Standards of Practice and Professional Performance
· Uses the nursing process to deliver high quality care appropriate to the age and educational level of the patient.
· Implements and completes a specified plan in relation to client care: Coordinates care delivery as part of a multidisciplinary team, employs strategies to promote health and a safe environment; uses knowledge of pharmacological, biological and complimentary interventions to restore health and prevent further disability; provides structure and maintains a safe therapeutic recovery oriented environment; uses the therapeutic relationship and counseling interventions to assist health care consumers.
· Integrates ethical provisions and competence reflective of current nursing standards in all practice.
· Considers factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practic
Graduate of accredited nursing program.
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse in Iowa and Illinois
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
CPI (Crisis Prevention and Intervention) training initial & yearly renewal
Prefer one (1) year of hospital clinical experience or demonstrated clinical efficiency.License(s)/Certification(s):