WorkCare, Inc., is a U.S.-based, physician-directed occupational health company with global outreach.
Our mission is Protecting and Promoting Employee Health…from Hire to Retire. We believe Work Matters. Health Counts. Prevention Saves.
Our clinicians and industry subject matter experts deliver innovative, integrated employee health management solutions to employers in all types of industries. Our capabilities include medical exams and travel program management; 24/7 telehealth injury/illness triage; onsite services and clinics; consulting medical directors; absence and disability clinical support; and a full suite of COVID-19-related interventions. Our industrial athlete and bio-ergonomic surveillance programs are designed to prevent and manage work-related strains and sprains. WorkCare was established by an occupational medicine physician in 1984. Visit www.workcare.com to learn more.
This position is a Full-Time, Non-Exempt role and will be located on-site at our client's BRAND-NEW facility. The ideal candidate will have the flexibility to work Monday to Friday and cover either 1st or 2nd shifts (earliest shift starting at 6AM and latest shift ending at 8PM).
- Provide on-site treatment / management of injuries and minimize the need for off-site medical treatment
- Give on-site care, first aid and follow up to occupationally injured/ill workers
- Manage open workers comp and short term disability cases as needed
- Maintain a medical record database and provide reports to management as applicable
- Maintain OSHA records as applicable
- May perform medical testing including but limited to: TB tests, blood draws, immunizations, drug screening, vision tests, hearing tests, respirator fit tests and medical evaluations
- May perform First Aid, CPR, AED and other training as necessary
- Maintain clinic supplies for treatment and preventative measures in the workplace
- Provide preventative health education as needed
- Assisting with Case Management and helping with Covid concerns
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a valid RN or LPN license
- Must hold current BLS certification
- 3–5 years of experience preferred
- 2-3 years’ experience in an urgent care, emergency department or occupational health setting preferred
- Certification in Occupational Health preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability of maintaining privacy and confidentiality
- Critical thinking skills a must
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance to company policy and procedures
- Take initiative on issues that arise daily
- Able to manage multiple priorities
- Must have the ability to maintain a professional approach with others in job-demanding, multitasking and/or project support situations
- Ability to create and edit written materials
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences
- Have the skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to gather data, compile information and prepare reports
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and have the ability to learn new software as needed