Residential Group Homes and Day Program
Join our team as a Part Time RN- 20 hours a week. Help provide support in our residential group home programs in the Twin Cities and surrounding Metro.Be a part of providing supports to persons within their own homes in the community. We are looking for RN’s that want to help make a difference in people’s lives.
Meridian Services and Zenith Services provide assistance to individuals with developmental/intellectual disabilities and/or mental health diagnoses. Our programs include 30 residential group homes in Minnesota, services provided in person's own home and our vocational center which is located in Hopkins. Our services are delivered with a person-centered approach and according to the unique interests and aptitudes of the individuals we serve.Our office is located in Golden Valley, MN. Our Registered Nurses work both in our office in Golden Valley as well as visit different group homes throughout the Twin Cities and the day program in Hopkins.
- Provide medical guidance and direction to our Program Management and Direct Support Professionals regarding any medical concerns or issues of persons we provide services to.
- Assist with teaching medication class to Direct Support Professionals (currently this is online due to COVID-19, but we are testing out staff 1:1 in person while practicing social distancing)
- Conduct audits of medication logs, health progress notes, medications at our different group homes and our day program. This is done on a schedule in combination with our other RN.
- Be an advocate as needed and requested at medical appointments for persons served.
- Assist with medical related concerns/communications for persons served with medical providers.
- Other misc. nursing duties as needed.
What we are looking for in our Registered Nurses:
- RN that is passionate about training staff on medical equipment and psychotropic medication monitoring and administration
- Skilled at delivering and teaching a class, “Medication Administration” to new hires and for review purposes with current staff
- Proven ability to provide quality patient care and be an advocate to patients
- Approachable demeanor with ability to answer medical related questions from staff, while providing a teaching approach through the communication
- Strong organizational, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional inter-personal communication skills
Wage: Competitive hourly wage
Schedule: 20 hours a week. This position does come with an evening and weekend rotation of taking phone calls to provide guidance on medical needs/questions from group homes.
*Supplemental Insurance offered through Colonial Life
*401 K plan
*Dog Friendly Corporate Office
*Weekly snack day at Corporate
*Childcare at Corporate for Employees at a reasonable tuition rate
*Employee of the month recognition and gift card
Current State Licensed Registered Nurse
Ability to pass Background Check
Valid Driver’s License and acceptable driving record per Meridian Service’s policy
Prefer at least 1-year exp working within Nursing
Meridian Services in an equal opportunity employer.
Meridian Services CAREERS www.Meridiansvs.com/openings or call 763-450-5002.