Looking for a role to utilize your past ED, ICU or House Supervisor experience that goes beyond the bedside?
Consider a role at the Transfer Center!
HCA’s Gulf Coast Transfer Center offers a variety of patient transport services and the only transport specialty teams with the ability to provide high risk obstetrical, neonatal and critical care pediatric patient transport into the HCAGulf Coast Division hospital system. Serving patients throughout Greater Houston and South Texas, HCA Gulf Coast Division offers comprehensive health solutions—including advanced medical care, education, and community outreach—at its twelve hospitals and other freestanding facilities. At the HCA Transfer Center, we assist in transporting patients by ground, helicopter and fixed wing. We also provide daily, 24-hour access to the transport teams for Inner Facility Transfers, Physician Office Direct Admissions and Emergency Transport for injured and critically ill patients. This unique service simplifies the process of getting a patient transferred to the right hospital, to the right specialists, at the right time by utilizing the latest telecommunications technology. The Transfer Center is staffed by registered nurses and EMT/paramedics who will assist in arranging the transport logistics.
As a member of our team, you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating direct admissions and hospital transfers to an appropriate HCA Gulf Coast Division hospital.
- Coordinate ambulance transfers from the HCA Gulf Coast Division hospitals to other facilities and post-acute care providers.
- Work in a customer-centric transfer and transport call center; respond to all callers with the aid of an electronic database of service profiles, approved clinical protocols and healthcare information.
- Efficiently and effectively, manage all hospital transfers. Consult with on-call physicians regarding patient care issues, needs and concerns and advise when appropriate.
- Apply your nursing knowledge derived from education and experience as foundation for gathering appropriate clinical data to ensure appropriate placement, transfer facilitation, communication, and accurate documentation.
- Facilitate inner facility transfers, maintaining communication with all parties including but not limited to attending/accepting MD and referring facility.
- Communicate with physicians and outlying facilities if placement of a specific patient will be problematic. Use problem-solving skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the MD, and the hospital.
- Make suggestions, and utilize creative thinking and acquired knowledge to assess situations and improve department decision-making and action.
- Be responsible for documenting and tracking all hospital transfers and transports.
- Assist in data collection, monitoring, evaluation, and analyzing of transfer problems for the purpose of developing and implementing protocols, policies and procedures.
- Exhibit excellent customer relationship skills including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s customer groups, i.e. physicians and their office staffs, nurses, vendors and fellow employees, etc.
- Establish and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of participating HCA hospital’s medical staff, services and special programs.
HCA provides generous compensation packages to full-time employees,
Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
Paid Time Off
401k with Corporate Matching Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Tuition Reimbursement Programs
Student Loan Reimbursement Programs
...and so much more!
Intrigued? CLICK HERE to learn more!