Registered Nurse - Pre Op/PACU - North Central Surgical Center
We are looking for a top-performer with solid knowledge of Pre- operative and PACU/ Recovery Nursing .This is a fast paced environment that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes in Texas.
North Central is a highly successful, Baylor affiliate hospital located in Dallas. We partner with the very best team members and medical staff in the area. We are a surgical focused hospital that performs over 10,000 procedures per year. We are looking for a top-performer with solid knowledge of Pre-operative and PACU/ Recovery Patient Care Technician . This is a fast paced environment that is driven to reach the highest quality and satisfaction outcomes in Texas.
FACTS ABOUT NORTH CENTRAL: Opened in 2005 10 Operating Rooms Medical/Surgical Patient Rooms - 23 Located at Walnut Hill & 75 in the prestigious NorthPark area Specialties include: Orthopedics, Spine, General Surgery, Pain Management, Urology, GI/Endoscopy, Plastic, Podiatry and Bariatric surgeries Managed by United Surgical Partners International Joint Commission Accredited
Assist patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
Our competitive salary and benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, 401(k), paid time off and life insurance.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current CPR, ACLS, and PALS
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Minimum 2 year experience in a hospital setting
- Ability to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, hospital staff, physicians, vendors and the public.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates accountability, professionalism, openness, receptive to change, creativity and innovative.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly, strong knowledge base relative to surgery procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understands principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients from infancy to geriatrics
- Excellent teaching skills
- Basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Lifting > 50 lbs.
Lifting > 20 lbs.
Pushing > 50 lbs.
Pulling > 50 lbs.
Some = 1 - 4 times/day or 10% Freq. = 20 - 40 times/day or 33%
Very Freq. = 100 times/day or 56%
(X) INSIDE [Specify major Hazards:
working conditions] (X) Exposure to toxic/chemical/detergents
( ) OUTSIDE [Specify major ( ) Exposure to extreme conditions: hot/cold
working conditions] ( ) Exposure to dust/fumes/helicopter drafts
(X) Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Physical Requirements: (X) Exposure to potential electrical shock
(X) Exposure to X-ray/electromagnetic energy
(X) Manual Dexterity (eye-hand coordination) (X) Exposure to high pitched noises
(X) Perform shift work (X) Exposure to communicable diseases
(X) Maneuver weight of patients (X) Exposure to pathogen exposure
(X) Hear alarm/phone/tape recorder/equipment (X) Exposure to risk exposure
(X) Walk 6 hours per day (X) Use of latex gloves
(X) Reach above shoulder
(X) Repetitive arm/hand movements Mental/Emotional Requirements:
(X) Finger dexterity (X) Manage stress appropriately
(X) On Call Work (X) Handle multiple priorities
(X) Color vision ( ) Works alone
(X) Acuity - Near (X) Manage anger/fear/hostility/violence
(X) Acuity - Far ( ) Work in areas that are confined and/or
(X) Depth perception crowded
Work Positions (% of time spent):
Sitting: __5___% Standing: __30___% Walking: ___65__%