Intensive Care Unit Nurses must provide top end care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. ICU Registered Nurses must have the ability to make quick and accurate decisions while keeping composed during unpredictable, traumatic events.
Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses responsibilities consist of:
- Analyzing the patient’s progress.
- Following the correct process if there are any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Helping doctors with medical procedures.
- Ensuring all medical devices are functioning properly while caring for patients.
- Giving necessary medication in a fast-paced, highly stressful environment.
- Providing emotional support while updating family members of current health status of the patient.
One year of experience as an ICU Nurse within the past two years.
- Current Nursing License in good standing.
- Up to date BLS through American Heart Association.
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen.