A8 is a 27-bed step-down unit with focus of Neuro Telemetry and Neuro Surgical Services. The primary patient population is stroke, seizures, laminectomy, cervical fusion, craniotomy s/p ICU recovery, and occasional Guillain-Barre and Myasthenia Gravis. Our staffing ratio is 1:4-5 nurse to patient ratio. We have a strong working relationship with our neuro surgeons and neurologist who provide education and guidance to help enhance our nursing care. A8 prides itself on our JCHAO recognized Gold Standard care for stroke patients. We strive to maintain a culture of teamwork and quality. Every associate on this unit is crucial, from our Charge nurse, to therapy, to housekeeping and case management. We truly utilize the teamwork approach.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
CHRISTUS Spohn -- Our Path Forward: https://youtu.be/bDqnNPTYW5s
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- One-year experience in nursing preferred.
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- EKG & NIHSS required within 90 days of hire/transfer date