We Are Hiring
RN-Emergency Department - Emergency Department 001 - Full-Time,Night - Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital - Rochester,MI
The Emergency Center is a Level 3 Trauma Center consisting of 30,000 visits annually. We are a primary stroke center verified by the Joint Commission as well as a STEMI center. The department consists of 30 beds that are equipped with a new cardiac monitoring system and updated stretchers.
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital you will have the opportunity to:
- Collect comprehensive data pertinent to the healthcare consumer's health and/or the situation.
- Analyze the assessment data to determine the diagnoses or the issues.
- Identify expected outcomes for a plan individualized to the healthcare consumer or the situation.
- Develop a plan that prescribes strategies and alternatives to attain expected outcomes.
- Implement the identified plan.
- Evaluate progress towards attainment of outcomes.
- Practice ethically.
- Attain knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrate evidence and research findings into practice.
- Contribute to quality nursing practice.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Demonstrate leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Collaborate with healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Evaluate your nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statues, rules, and regulations.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Practice in an environmentally safe and healthy manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care to all ages of patients serviced on the unit.
- This position involves direct patient care and supervision of other health care providers. Use and disclosure of personal health information on a "need to know basis" may be necessary for purposes of treatment and hospital operations.
- Perform all other duties and assignments as requested, i.e., special projects and committees.
What You Will NeedLicenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Experience as an RN in an Emergency Department in an acute care hospital (a hospital that is not a free standing emergency facility) required. Successful completion of the ECG interpretation exam by end of orientation required. Demonstrate knowledge of Growth and Development over life span for all ages required. Successful completion of the Moderate Sedation competency, or obtain by end of orientation required. Successful completion of Emergency Department BKAT exam by the end of orientation required. Completion of Department required NIMS certification by end of orientation required. CBRNE training desirable.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Rochester Providence Hospital is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, veteran status or any other legally protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The information requested on this application will not be used for any purpose prohibited by law. If you require assistance or an accommodation to complete this application, please let us know.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Thank you for considering a career with Crittenton Hospital Medical Center.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.