The Shoreline 6B Oncology unit is the only acute inpatient oncology unit in the region. What does that mean? We take care of patients who come in who may have a new or existing cancer diagnosis. We treat them with chemotherapy/hematology interventions when indicated or may be treating them for symptoms related to recently having chemotherapy. We also care for patients who may have a secondary diagnosis related to having cancer. Our wonderful team is passionate about taking care of our oncology population. 6B is a 28-bed unit. It is our focus to create an environment that can manage serious situations/conditions with the sensitivity needed to enhance and invoke physical and emotional healing that is reflective of CHRISTUS Spohn's Mission.
If you are looking to join a rapidly growing faith-based organization that encourages professional development, we want you to become a part of the CHRISTUS Spohn family!
CHRISTUS Spohn -- Our Path Forward: https://youtu.be/bDqnNPTYW5s
**This position qualifies for Relocation Assistance as well as a SIGN-ON BONUS based on experience.**
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care.
- Two-years of Oncology nursing experience preferred. Will accept new graduate.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- Oncology Clinical Nurse Certification (ONC™) (Chemo) or Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) preferred.