We Are Hiring
- FT, Night Shift
- 12 hr. Shift, 36 hrs. a week, 7p-7a
- Rotating Weekends
As our Medical Surgical Nurse, you are the frontline provider who may have more facetime with our patients than any other professional in the hospital while also planning care, listening to patients’ concerns, and answering loved ones’ questions. The Orthopedics Department that you will support consists of 48 beds and has a 6:1 nurse to patient ratio. This is a great role for someone who likes to stay busy, and learn from leadership who likes to mentor their team.
- Implement and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.QualificationsCredential(s):
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
Why Join the Providence Family?
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace. Additionally, our associates consistently give high ratings to their workplace engagement and leadership’s support for their well-being.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), ethnic or national origin, age (40 or over), citizenship, genetic information, or status as a disabled veteran or veteran of the Vietnam era. Providence Hospital provides equal employment opportunities for qualified disabled individuals.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Providence Hospital participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)