The Children's Hospital of San Antonio/CHRISTUS Health System is seeking neonatal intensive care nurses to provide care and treatment for neonates. Our Neonatal Unit is a 60 bed Level 4 ICU designed with 25 open beds and 35 individual patient rooms. Join our team to care for neonates ranging from 23 weeks to term with a wide range of diagnosis including extreme prematurity, PPHN, CDH, and complex heart disease. Skilled RNs collaborate with a diverse multidisciplinary team to provide compassionate care in a family-centered environment
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with active RN Texas licensure.
- All newly licensed RNs with less than 6 months' experience must participate in the CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Residency Program. An individualized learning plan will be developed through completion of the Performance Gap Analysis and competency completion will be documented through the program's tracking software.
Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications:
- Registered Nurse with valid Texas License
- BLS Certification required; ACLS certification highly desired/recommended. Current specialty certification as required.
- Must have working knowledge of the nursing process as well as in depth knowledge of therapeutic, physical, psychosocial, spiritual, cultural, and developmental needs for a select category of patients.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.