We Are Hiring
RN-PACU/Recovery - Surgery Recovery Room 001 - Full-Time, Night - Ascension St John Hospital - 34030 - Detroit,MI
Full Time Midnights
Why Join Ascension?
In Michigan, Ascension operates 16 hospitals and hundreds of related healthcare facilities that together employ over 20,000 associates. Across the state, Ascension Michigan is working together to help bring patients more resources and better care. Ascension Michigan is also committed to its community; it provided over $272 million in community benefit and care of persons living in poverty in FY2018. Ascension Michigan is dedicated to spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals and communities.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Michigan, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care for anesthetized patients in the immediate post-operative or post-procedural period.
- Follows aseptic sterile technique according to Association of Perioperative Registered Nurses / American Society of Peri Anesthesia Nurses (AORN/ASPAN) standards.
- Evaluates patient's responses to treatments and interventions.
- Manages patient's pain.
- Anticipates case-specific needs based on knowledge of procedure(s) performed and pathophysiology.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the
- One or more of the following:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the
- BLS Provider specializing in Basic Life Support credentialed from the
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- 1-2 years ICU/ER/PACU exp preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.