We Are Hiring
Registered Nurse - Per Diem Tier 2 - Lactation Center
We are hiring: Are you an experienced Lactation Registered Nurse?
If so, join our amazing Lactation Services team at Saint Agnes’ Bunting Health Institute for Women & Children! #Nursing #DreamJob
For more than 150 years, Saint Agnes Hospital, part of Ascension, has been dedicated to the art of healing by providing exceptional care to the greater Baltimore area. Built on a strong foundation of excellent medical care and compassion, Saint Agnes and the physicians who practice here are committed to providing the best care for our patients for many years to come.
Why Join Ascension?
- Exceptional Reputation: With 2 operating rooms, 12 labor beds, 2 triage areas and 2 recovery rooms, you’ll join the most experienced maternity professionals in Maryland as part of Saint Agnes Hospital’s team at the Bunting Health Institute for Women & Children.
- Our maternity and OB/GYN services have been recognized for our compassion and unrivaled commitment to patient safety, so both mother and baby are in the best, most caring hands.
- Transformational Healthcare Environment: Our care teams collaborate between each other nationwide. Through working and learning together, we can create standards of excellence to be used across the system. We embrace change if it will improve the outcome for the patient.
- Compensation/Benefits: At Ascension, we provide a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
What You Will Do
Provides direct nursing care in a diverse healthcare environment in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
The role includes making daily rounds on inpatient mothers (postpartum), NICU mothers, and pediatric as well as other patients admitted to various units within the hospital that may need lactation support. Additionally, the consultant may be asked to support lactating employees, teach breastfeeding classes, and provide staff education.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a Rotating shift
Tier 2 Requirements:
- 60 (5 shifts) per 6 week cycle
- 2 weekend shift per 6 week cycle
- 1 Winter holiday (Thanksgiving, Christmas, or New Year’s Day)
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Registered Nurse . Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Maryland or compact state.
- International Board Certified Lactation Consultant certification by the IBLCE.
- One or more of the following:
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Current CPR certification from the American Heart Association (Healthcare Provider card) (BLS-HCP).
- Required: 18 months of clinical related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity