We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse -Surgical Services Unit Based - Perioperative Care Anc 001 - PRN, Rotating - Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, Madison Heights Campus - 34031 - Madison Heights,MI
Weekend day shift hours
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension Macomb-Oakland Hospital, you will have the opportunity to deliver professional nursing care in the operative setting to patients undergoing surgical or other invasive procedures.
- Performs scrub functions including the selection and handling of instruments and supplies used during procedure.
- Performs circulating functions including monitoring, recording and communicating patient condition and managing overall nursing care of patient before, during and after procedure.
- Directly assists operating physician with surgical tasks including hemostasis, suturing and wound exposure as well as patient positioning.
- Prepares operating rooms and surgical instruments and equipment for use.
- Compliant to all job responsibilities identified in the RN job.
- Performs all other duties and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- 6 months of related experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.