Performs the primary function of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of patients in the outpatient setting. Is responsible for meeting the established Wound Care Standards of Nursing Practice in the case management of all assigned patients. Assists physicians with the development and implementation of wound treatment plans and participates in performance improvement review activities. Acts within the guidelines of federal, state laws, regulatory standards and professional and ethical practice.
- Registered Nurse with the ability to practice in Texas
- Current state licensure
- Wound Care certification desired
- Graduate of a School of Nursing
- Minimum of 2 years med-surg experience
- Ability to perform the essential functions of this position, with or without reasonable accommodation and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of self or others. Ability to comply with all Good Shepherd policies and procedures that are job-related and consistent with business necessity. Ability to effectively communicate with patients and provide competent care as appropriate to the ages of patients served by this position.
- Computer literacy is desired.